"My hope is that, by the time things return to some level of normality, we will be a slicker, more responsive organisation, ready to assist you in your ventures in Western Australia or, for WA businesses, in your access to the markets of the UK, Europe and Israel."
-Agent General of Western Australia, Mike Deeks CSC
Like everyone based in London, the WAGO office staff are confined to quarters for the foreseeable future.
We are fortunate in that we have the right tools and the right team to be able to keep functioning at a reasonably productive level.
Naturally, due to COVID-19, the nature of our work is changing. We are in the process of reshaping our offering, be it our website, our range of services, the information we can offer or the interaction we have with our clients.
Please don’t think that, because of the coronavirus, we cannot support you and your business endeavours. Our full team: myself, Joe, Charlotta, Sally, Michael and Debbie are ready to assist, even in these difficult and uncertain times. Find our contact details here.
Currently, we are adjusting our schedule of participation at various expos and conference and we will keep you informed as the calendar takes shape.
My hope is that, by the time things return to some level of normality, we will be a slicker, more responsive organisation, ready to assist you in your ventures in Western Australia or, for WA businesses, in your access to the markets of the UK, Europe and Israel.
Please find below a few sources of reliable and practical advice and information in these uncertain times to help you stay up to date and as safe as possible.
- For Australians in the United Kingdom, the best place to seek advice and consular assistance is through the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) at the Australian High Commission, find their website here
- At Smartraveller website you can find information for safe overseas travel. The latest advice is for Australians not to travel and if you are overseas wishing to return to Australia it is recommended you do so as soon as possible by commercial means. Read more here
- For more travel restrictions to Australia visit the Government of Australia’s Department of Home Affairs website here
- The latest information from the UK Government in response to the Coronavirus can be found here
- NHS health information and advice can be found here
- Advice and information on coronavirus (COVID-19) for community and businesses in Western Australia from the Government of Western Australia can be found here.
Throughout this emergency, the Australian High Commission consular service will remain open. If you need assistance, call the Australian Consular Crisis Line on 020 7887 5555.
Please do no hesitate to contact us if you want assistance or to simply have a chat.
All the best for now,
Agent General Mike Deeks CSC